But, have you ever considered just how powerful our words really are?
A Life of Charades
If you think about it , without words we would live lives of consistent charades unable to communicate effectively.
But words alone don’t have much meaning until they are planted in the brain of our fellow human beings…thus setting off a series of chain reactions we call thoughts.
Our emotions then react to these suggestive thoughts…either positively (love, joy, peace) or negatively (hatred, anger, fear) according to the way they are communicated.
Even the slightest inflection in our voice can be misconstrued and misinterpreted.
Our emotions trigger impulses…our impulses trigger actions.
The Power of Our Words
Words have the power to start or stop wars…build-up or tear down relationships. Our words can bring comfort and encouragement or they can be very discouraging.
Even the Bible speaks clearly to the power of our words…”Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasts great things…it defiles the whole body…it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.”
“Our words giving us the power to speak life or death.”
This is the reason we should not only guard our words…being careful how we deliver them, but crafting them in a way that results in proper communications…and predictable actions.
This does not only apply to our personal lives…but our businesses as well. Properly crafted words can deliver a clear message to a prospect/client, or it can be received totally contrary to the way you meant it.
Five Emotional Responses
Here are five emotional responses you must consider in your business communications:
- Who is your prospect and what concerns keep them up at night? Do you know them intimately…do you know how to speak to their concerns?
- How do they feel when it’s necessary to shop your industry for products or services? Do they dread it or look forward to interacting with your industry? Can you reassure them their experience will be a good one?
- How do they feel when doing business with you? Will they be treated fairly and honestly, like they are the most important prospect/client you have?
- How do they feel after making a purchase? Are they satisfied they have received a fair deal? Being treated with respect? Do you know how to communicate after the sell?
- How do they feel after completing the transaction? Are they likely to offer repeat business or refer your company to an associate because of a good experience? Do you know how to capitalize on this positive response?
In order to write persuasive copy each one of these emotions (and many others) must be given careful consideration before crafting any and all communications…from emails, websites, blogs, etc..
It’s imperative you know your prospect/clients intimately in order to communicate effectively…thus prompting the desired action.
Yet many individuals and businesses alike give very little thought to this most important aspect…clear persuasive communications; turning prospects away that could’ve been paying customers; or worse yet…driving them away with poorly written copy.
We at Persuasive Copywriting Solutions are in the business of crafting all levels of business communications…communications that generate the maximum results.
Just Click Here and fill out the information on our contact page to discuss how we might take your marketing to the next level with “results through persuasive communications”.
Until Next Time!